The DP-28 (Or in elaborate Russian: Пулемёт Дегтярёвa Пехотный Pulemyot Degtyaryova Pekhotny "Degtyaryov's infantry machine gun") is a Russian Machine Gun made infamous for its depiction with a pan-magazine on top, earning it the nickname 'Dinner Plate Twenty Eight.' The DP-28 was fielded in 1928 as the replacement to the DP-26, also designed by Degtyaryov (have fun pronouncing it). Early models only had 80 parts or less. In stress tests conducted by the Red Army, the DP-28 was able to fire, despite being covered with mud and sand. The magazine pan only held 47 rounds, compared to machine guns fielded by other countries which had belts in excess of 200 rounds. However, due to its slow rate of fire, the barrel was less prone to overheating. In modern times, DP-28s were recovered from Taliban fighters in 2014, meaning that DP-28s are still in service in third-world countries, not unlike many other guns like the Mosin-Nagant, Lee-Enfield, and MP40.
The DP-28 is statistically identical to the BAR, Barring (see what I did there?) the fact it has a 47 round magazine, and has less range and accuracy.
- Deals 35-45 damage (42-54 damage with Stopping Power)
- Fires at 375 RPM (450 RPM with Double Tap)
- 47 round pan magazine
- Reloads in 6 seconds (3 with Sleight of Hand)
So you don't care if the DP falters in range and accuracy compared to the BAR... But it DOES falter majorly in an area where the BAR exceeds expectation.
- Aperture Sight: 1.5x zoom sight for CQC.
- Telescopic Sight: 2x zoom optic for long range engagements.
- Bipod: eliminates recoil when prone.
- The DP-28 shares the same firing sound as the BAR and Bren in Call of Duty (2003).
- The DP-28 has arguably the most open sights in the game (in CamaroKidBB's opinion, there is no need for an optic)
- The DP-28 shares the same damage as the BAR and M1 Garand.
- The Telescopic Sight is reminiscent of the ACOG optic from Modern Warfare 2, and is unique to the gun.
- This gun takes the second longest amount of time to empty its magazine, second to the Lee-Enfield.