The Kar98k is a German Bolt-Action Rifle in Call of Robloxia 5. The Mauser 98 was a bolt-action rifle that was entered into German service in 1898. During the Spanish-American war, the Spanish side used Mauser 98's, while the US was stuck with obsolete Krag-Jorgensens. The design was so good, that the US eventually made their own version; the Springfield. Little has changed about the Mauser 98 until 1935, when the Kar98k was introduced. The Kar98k replaced the older Mauser 98 rifles, with a curved bolt, shorter barrel, and a shroud for the iron sights. Other than that, it was practically the same animal. Germany wanted the Kar98k to be a marksman rifle, with a 1.5x scope, but instead gave it a designated sniper role, with a 4x scope. After the fall of the Nazi empire in 1945, the Kar98k, along with the rest of Germany's arsenals, are either shipped out, or made ceased to function. It was also used by riflemen to be the most common German weapon after the MP40.
The Kar98k is a middle-of-the-road bolt-action, jack of all trades, master of none.
- Deals 40-50 damage; OHK to head and chest (48-60 with Stopping Power; OHK to head, chest, and stomach, OHK to head and chest to target using Jugg, 70 with Sniper Scope; same OHK area as SP, 84 with both; OHK to head, chest, and stomach, both Jugg and non-Jugg)
- Fires at 66 RPM (Double Tap has no effect)
- 5 round magazine
- Reloads 3.5 seconds with a Stripper Clip (2 seconds with Sleight of Hand)
- Reloads in 6.5 seconds when bullets are reloaded individually (4 with Sleight of Hand)
The Kar98k is tied with the Mosin Nagant for most versatile Bolt-Action.
- Telescopic Sight (2x scope used for long ranges)
- Sniper Scope (2.5x scope, with high power rounds used to tackle targets at extreme ranges)
- Aperture Sight (1.5x CQC sight with enhanced peripheral vision)
- Bayonet (replaces knife; press 'e' to poke at longer distances; press 'f' to swipe)
- Flash Hider (firing will not reveal you on enemy radar)
- Flashlight (illuminates dark areas while blinding enemy players)
- Despite having a higher rate of fire than the Lee-Enfield, the Kar98k has a slower, deeper firing sound, while the Lee-Enfield uses a sped-up version of the firing sound.
- Both Telescopic Sights for the Kar98k and Mosin Nagant are misaligned, but the Kar98k has a bigger misalignment, firing higher and to the right from the crosshair.